Lets go to Ben Brown in Harare, a momentous morning.
Yeah. When you think about it….
Lucy, tidy those toys up. I won’t tell you again.
- for almost 4 decades….whom she forced out – gotta find a way to constitutionally remove him – - that’s if he doesn’t go voluntarily -
Rocky. Basket. Now.
Always under my fuckin’ feet
- everyone pretty much would like to see - he’s being pretty stubborn about it as he has been for years -
Jake, what you want with your bacon?
- the dawn of a new era, he can go farming -
sausage? you got sausage?
- the decision has been taken - - has come 180 degrees since last week –
Josh, get dressed, out of those PJs now, move
- how much more humiliation he’s prepared to accept –
Where’s your brother, he up yet?
no make that fried eggs, luv.
- what his demands are? What potential fate –
Tim, get up or you won’t get to the game on time
- we will go back on the streets and we will sort this out ourselves – - was running out by the minute –
Watch the timer Rosie, when it’s emptied, you shout me, OK?
- veneer of legality –
Rocky! Not again
- trying to find the right words –
Luce, get hold of that pup.
- legal process still has to catch up with that – he simply becomes irrelevant -
You wanted a dog now learn how to control it
- a key part of negotiations -
else it will have to go
- his own sense of his own dignity -
- he refuses to accept reality ….his world has vanished -
Mum I can’t find my football shorts
- we’ll fix this -
On the ironing pile
- most people do not know another leader. The fact that he’s being turfed out…
- respect for elder, elders should be treated with dignity
Rosie, go get your dad. Breakfast is ready
- it was extraordinary, he dressed up in academic robes - - for him it looked like business as usual
- what follows?
Mum, Rocky’s messed the floor! Yuck.
- people power, things have changed –
Jake, can you get the door, it’ll be Amazon
- ruled by autocracy -- to move on, whoever –
Yes, sign here.
Can you lift that in for me.
- transitional government leading to elections next year - - fractured opposition… - the path ahead uncertain -
OK. Luce, Rice Crispies.
Rosie, Boiled egg.
Josh, bacon sannie.
Jake, bacon, sausage, fried eggs.
Tim! Porridge is getting cold!
- at the moment people are just celebrating –
Where’s the coffee?
- Ben Brown in Harare, thanks very much
© Sheila Ash 19th November 2017
Post a Comment